Meetings are held about every 6 weeks. They are scheduled at the beginning of each meeting. Each Zoom meeting is a unique meeting ID/Password.
InterSociety at CinemaCon – Wednesday August 25 7:30am
ISDCF/EDCF from CinemaCon – Wednesday August 25 at 9am Pacific
ISDCF Main Wednesday September 22, 2021 10am
ISDCF Main Wednesday December 1, 2021 10am
Immersive Audio Plugfest – Nothing on the schedule
Meetings run: Main ISDCF 10:00am -1:30-ish PM
Pacific Time Zone
Main Meeting Agenda
DRAFT Main Meeting Agenda – June 2, 2021
Part 1: Reporting
* Housekeeping: Sign-In
- Thank you Universal for support of Chairman
- Thank you for NATO for Zoom and admin support
- Legal reminder / press reminder / social media is a no-no
- Chatham House Rule:
- When a meeting, or part thereof, is held under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.
- Chatham House Rule:
* Meeting notes (approval)
- Organizational issues
- Making Zoom work! (mute/raise hand/front light)
- InterSociety – Membership Fees waived for 2021! However, we still are doing work – in particular the Naming Convention Website – please let Erin (email@example.com) know if you want an invoice for 2021! $500 per company per year / $100 individual membership.
* ISDCF/EDCF social hour
Part 2: Real Work
Big Picture –
What happened this weekend? QuietPlace 2 and Cruella?
CinemaCon is happening!
Should we schedule an ISDCF / (virtual) EDCF session? Suggestions for an InterSociety meeting?
EDCF/ISDCF social hour next: Tuesday June 29, 2021 8am Pacific
Open Mike prior to meetings
Open Captions / Closed Captions
Some usage numbers: 1/200 screenings (or about 1 use every 4,000 patrons)
Updated Test Package
ISDCF Immersive Audio
SMPTE-RDD-57 for Profile 1 – sponsored by ISDCF and EDCF
Has anyone implemented new features in IAB devices that others have implemented that need to be part of an IAB profile 2?
When is the naming convention IAB from Atmos going to be implemented?
OMB testing for new protocols. 430-17 / 430-14 When is the right time?
Website and IT updates
We are seeing an increasing number of new facilities and studios being registered.
SMPTE LMT Project
ISDCF observing the adventure
Report from ICTA on their project.
HPA Tech Retreat 2021 Update
Digital Cinema Picture Level
Equipment vendor updates
Action Items from April 21, 2021
- Membership Fees waived for 2021 Join Inter-Society! https://isdcf.com $500 per company per year, $100 individual membership.
- Investigate if we can have a demonstration of closed caption devices – perhaps at CinemaCon or at a future ISDCF plugfest.
- Get some stats on how patrons now feel about open captions.
- When ICTA gets a terminology/glossary entry in their website, point to it from ISDCF site.
- Form subcommittee to define the next ISDCF Test packages for SMPTE-DCP and audio.